Actress Leslie Mann stepped onto the red carpet at the MTV Movie Awards looking ravishing with waves inspired by a modern Bridgett Bardot. Her sexy, full hair complemented her polka-dot Juan Carlos Obando dress perfectly! Leslie’s hair stylist, Ryan Trygstad, said, “We wanted her to look playful, yet sophisticated, so I created a hairstyle reminiscent of 60′s red carpet hair.”
We are loving the movement and texture of this look, along with how easy it is to recreate it! Follow these simple steps to be red carpet ready in no time:
1) Apply Aveda be curly curl enhancing hair spray to towel-dried hair to enhance curls and prevent frizz.
2) Blow out hair with a small round brush. Add more spray as necessary.
3) Once the hair is dry, section hair. Use a 1 inch curling iron to create loose waves. Spray each section of hair with Aveda control force firm hold hair spray to set the curls and give them a bouncy effect.
4) After curling hair, comb out your curls with a large tooth comb. Lightly mist each section with Aveda brilliant emollient finishing gloss for extraordinary shine.
5) To finish, back comb the roots to create a slight lift for the ultimate 60′s inspired red carpet look.